I've always maintained that I wrote this blog for my kids but now I'm finding that I write this blog for myself. I write it to connect with you all to share stories with you and read your stories as well. I find as I get more involved in my blog that I want to share my gripes. I never thought I would do that. It was quite fun to talk about what men-o-pause is doing to me. It's fun to talk about what my husband did right or wrong. It's nice to have a sounding board when I'm not sure what to do with Faith at school. I feel like I have a lot of new sisters and feel honored to have you all as one. So going on this.. my sisters have given me some awards that I will be sharing with you as well.
Buckeroomama @ Mamahood, Among Other Things presented me with the Best Blog Award. She has a really great blog. Please go over and check her out. Thank you so much, Buckeroomama.
The rules for this award are:
-Accept the award post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his/her blog link.
- Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you have recently discovered and think are great. Remember to contact those bloggers you have awarded to let them know they have been chosen for the award
I am passing this on to the following blogs:
- Bantering Blonde
- Deal'ightfully Frugal
- Good Girl Gone Redneck
- Let's have a cocktail
- Menopausal New Mom
- My Messy Paradise
- One Cluttered Brain
- Patiently Waiting
- Running away? I'll help you pack
- Seven Clown Circus
- Sincerely, Jenni
- So many kids so little time
- The Balancing Act of One Chic Mommy
- The Confused Homemaker
- Welcome to Ladybugs and Tonka Trucks
I received the Honest Scrap Award from Buckeroomama @ Mamahood, Among Other Things, Vicki @ Frugal Mom Knows Best, and Alicia @ Just One Chic Mommy. Thank you so much, Buckeroomama, Vicki & Alicia. I am so very honored that you believe me to be an honest scrapper. The rules are that you have to tell 10 honest things about yourself and credit the person/s who gave you the award, then pass the award along to 8 bloggers whom you adore!
- I love blogging.
- I'm a widow of 20 years. I miss him dearly but life goes on. As he would have wanted it to. When he died, I played Free Bird against everyone else's opinion.
- I'm in love with my husband.
- I love to write poetry.
- I hate spicy food.
- I have saved animals all of my life. I don't think one pet was actually not saved. Even the one that I originally bought and paid for turned out to be abused when I got him.
- I have 3 brothers and 1 sister.
- I am a great aunt literally. My nephew had his first child this year.
- I'm not a perfect parent nor do I want to be.
- I wish I could met Oprah some day.
- A Nut In A Nut Shell
- Domestically Challenged
- Guessing All the Way
- If Evolution Really Worked
- Mama's Losin It
- Running Away? I'll help you pack
- Stir Fry Awesomeness
- Two Peas in a Pod
Thetamom's. Heather is a wonderful friendly blogger. Check her out as soon as you can.
Ok I was speechless when Lynn at Midday Escapades gave me the I Give Good Blog Award and the Superior Scribbler Award. Thank you soo much, Lynn. My first thought was "wait wait I have a PG blog" and then came the next thought "Do I have to be?" So I might be spicing things up soon. You can blame it on Lynn. The rules of this award are: Make a cocktail, pick out some of your favorite bloggers. Send this award to 4 of them. Tell them why you think they give good blog.
I would like to present this too:
A Nut In A Nutshell - She is simply a nut. She writes about a variety of things. She writes in a way that I simply connect to her.
Frugal Mom Knows Best - I love her sense of humor. I absolutely love her rants. She has a great Holiday Gift Guide on her blog right now.
Headaches, Hot Flashes and Hormones - I love how she is so very upfront about everything. She has me rolling on the floor half the time I'm reading. She is one of the blogs that I never skip.
Just Breathe - Sometimes I go over just to get a breathe of air. I love her sense of humor. She has a way of uplifting you.
So now onto the Superior Scribbler Award. Lynn, thank you so much for this award. Please stop over and check out her blog, Midday Escapade. You'll be happy you did.
The rule are:
1. Each Superior Scribbler I name today must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving bloggy friends.
2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
3. Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog.
4. Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
The winners are:
I wish I had an award for each and every one of the blogs that I read. There are some extremely talented people out there. When I give out awards, I also try never to give the same award to the same person as well. Please check out all the winners including the people that gave me the award. Thank you all for your support and love.