Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Magical Moments on Tuesday

”Magical

It's time for Magical Moment on Tuesday for HeartsMakeFamilies! For those of you visiting for the first time, the goal is to talk about one thing during the week that was magical to you. I mean that you were over the top about. It could be a project you completed, something your child did, a grand new idea, something you saw, etc. Something that was so magical that you have to tell us about it. I know. I know. This is why we all have blogs. But sometimes we just write about the negative things because we had a bad week. So if we all write about a Magical Moment then we might uplift another blogger. This is the very reason that I have this blog so that one day my children can see. You do not have to be a mom to do this. To join us, on Tuesday post what your Magical Moment was (add my button from the right side bar or link to me) and then be sure to stop here to link up and meet other moms at HeartsMakeFamilies to see what their Magical Moment was.


This week my Magical Moment was with my husband.  I've been married a long time now.  We've been married seven years and together 11 years.  I love my husband with all my heart.  I know that he loves me as well.  But we got into a rut.  You see, our lives became typical.  It was about work, kids and school.  We lost that magical connection that we always had.  I know this is true for a lot of relationships after time.  It is not that we wouldn't do whatever is necesary for the other.  It's that you forget the little things that make you who you are together.

On Friday, we went to the Newport Aquarium with Faith's class.  There were just enough parents to go that were approved by the state.  You have to have a FBI check done before you can help out with the class.  So that meant that Ken and I both got our own group of girls.  I knew ahead of time that was going to happen.  I had told the teacher to let Ken have Faith in his group since all the kids know me.  I volunteer twice a week when Jason is going through his little preschool thingy.  All morning long, Ken and I were sharing these little smiles with something that the kids were doing.  We kept our groups together even though the class divided up and went their separate ways.  We had six girls between the two of us.  Let me tell you Faith was the worst.  But then we are her parents.  She thinks she can get away with anyone when we are there.  sigh.

We got to sharks, giant turtles, dolphins, penguins, octupus, etc.  The kids were so incredibly excited when Scuba Santa made an appearance in one of the tanks as well.  It was a lot of fun.  But all things must come to an end.  Ken and I had driven down to the Aquarium.  So when the girls went back to school, I was to find out that Ken had planned on us going to Joe's Crab Shack.  It has always been one of my favorite fish places in town. 

Ken insisted that we sit together in the booth on one side.  That hasn't happened since we were dating.  So here we are sitting next to each other.  Ken orders an appetizer, Garlicky Mussels.  My first thought was you want me to kiss you after you eat that?  I don't usually like garlic but this was soooo good.  So I reach for the menu.  Ken quietly pushs it away from me.  He orders the Joe's Steam Pot for two.  Oh boy, I'm thinking I'm going to be in heaven.  It comes out pipping hot in a bucket.   I do mean a bucket.  In the bucket is two kinds of crab, sausage, corn on the cob, small red potatoes, and shrimp. 

We were sitting in this booth smiling and giggling at each other.  Yes my husband was giggling.  We were talking about the kids and about the aquarium.  Ken was stealing a kiss here and there.  And we were holding hands.  The waiter actually asked if we were newlyweds.  We just smiled and said that we had been married 7 years and had NO ITCH.  The waiter told us that he hoped he was like we were when he was married that long.

Being together as we are meant to be.  Loving each other simply for the little bit of time we had together.  There is no more Magical Moment between Ken and I that I would adore.  giggle  It wasn't even about sex.  Taking this time out to reconnect with my husband is one of the best things I've done in a while.


Now it is your turn. Please post about what your Magical Moment was (add my button from the right side bar or link to me) and then be sure to stop here to link up and meet other moms at HeartsMakeFamilies to see what their Magical Moment was.





Photobucket

17 comments:

Amy said...

I love moments like these...

I did my post today...

http://keepingupwiththeschultzfamily.blogspot.com/2009/11/tagged-mother-style.html

Lee said...

Not only do I love your moment, but I love that he went on the field trip. I don't have one this week....sigh.

Corrie Howe said...

I can't think of one this week. Maybe I'll have one next week. My hubby and I are going away on a retreat this weekend.

Aunt Juicebox said...

That was very sweet! And I also love Joe's!

CountessLaurie said...

*sniff* that is sooo sweet! i think you have inspired me to make a magical moment with my honey of almost 10 years!

thanks for sharing!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sitting on the same side of the booth. How sweet is that!

Unknown said...

I hope you have many more magical moments just like this over the years!
Lisa @
All That and a Box of Rocks

Unknown said...

what a nice story to share! i'm sorry i don't have a magical moment this week...i'll have to live vicariously through you!

Heart2Heart said...

Tami,

I just loved reading about your magical moment. Hubby's truly do know how to keep the romance alive! What a wonderful way to remember this special time.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Menopausal New Mom said...

This may sound odd but was magical for me. My husband who loves classical music not only took me to see one of my favorite bands Aerosmith, but he stayed for the entire concert and pretended to like it!

Now that's magical!

Vodka Logic said...

In 29 years i don't think I have ever heard my husband giggle.. Your post is adorable.

My magic this week...hm the week is young so there is time..

Liz Mays said...

That just warmed my heart! It really WAS magical!!!

Tracie said...

That is so sweet!

(And I love Joe's Crab Shack.)

Anonymous said...

How wonderful for you and your hubby. Love those moments! BTW - it almost sounds like me and hubby. Joe's is his favorite place to meet me for lunch and we're into the steam pots too.

p.s. The 7-year itch is a myth. I wish people would not believe in it.

The dB family said...

What a truly magical day! Sounds wonderful!

Blessings!
Deborah

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Oh, that is sweet! magic moment all right!

Expat Barbie said...

oh, that is such a sweet, gentle story... i'm glad that you had such a magical moment :)