Sunday, January 3, 2010

2009 Survey & Answers

So I was reading over at Keeping Up with the Schultzs.  Amy was doing her 2009 End of the Year Survey.  I liked it so much that I want to join it.  If you do please let me know I want to read your answers.


1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
You all must not being reading my blog.. I've never blogged before.  Ok wait wait..there is more.  I carved a pumpkin for the first time.


2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did make some last year.  I didn't meet them all.  I didn't get find a new job.  I'm not making new resolutions this year.  I have all I need I have my family, our health and great friends.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, I'm starting to wonder who didn't give birth.  Let's see, my nephews both had sons, Aiden and Alexandria.  My brother in law had a baby girl, Gabrielle.  Two of my friends had a baby.  Oh I adopted my son Jason as well.  So does that mean I gave birth.  Oh man that is a scary thought.  He weighs 45 lbs.  Ok I'm tired I need to go to bed for a year lol.


4. Did anyone close to you die?
I had two friends lose their dad.


5. What countries did you visit?
None. I just stayed in the United States.


6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Money money money!!!!  Give me money!  Have you not read I'm broke?


7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Visiting my brother in Florida.  I got to reconnect with my brother.
Visiting my sister in Florida.  The feud don't you read me?


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Adopting Jason.  We are so very lucky.


9. What was your biggest failure?
Not making money


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Pneumonia


11. What was the best thing you bought?
Things for my family that made them smile.  The pumpkin to carve for Halloween.


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Faith and Jason


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My brother in laws, My own at times


14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, Home, Food, and to my family.


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
That I could go visit my sister


16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Carrie Underwood - Lessons Learned




17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
I am still happy, I'm still the same size and I'm poorer.


18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Playing with my kids at every opportunity


19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Laundry.. I hate laundry


20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family on 5 different occasions


21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Yes, as always deeper with my husband, Ken and my daughter, Faith.  I fell in love with my son, Jason.  My new niece and two great nephews.


22. What was your favorite TV program?
Ellen, NCIS, General Hospital, Criminal Minds, American Idol and House.


23. Do you hate anyone now that you did not hate this time last year?
I do not think so. I really do not hate anyone. I may dislike them.  Well ok maybe my brother in law.


24. What was the best book you read?
Twilight Series by: Stephenie Meyer


25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
David Allan Coe


26. What did you want and get?
Twilight series


27. What did you want and not get?
A new car


28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Duplicity


29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I stayed at home with my kids.  Went out to eat that night with my husband and kids.

Age does not matter.


30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To have found a job at home.  I don't want to leave my kids.


31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
That's not a paper bag is it?  Ok it works on me.


32. What kept you sane?
My husband


33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don't actually think like that.  I fancied my husband most.  No he's not reading this lol.


34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Health Care Issues..


35. Who did you miss?
My sister


36. Who was the best new person you met?
All of my followers.  I love each and every one of you.


37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
That life is for living and not to worry about the small stuff.  That I have to raise my kids the way I need to and not according to someone else's standard.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore?

Photobucket

11 comments:

injaynesworld said...

Well, now I know a whole lot more about you! That was fun.

Liz Mays said...

My husband is the one who keeps me sane and balances me out too.

I hope in some way 2010 brings some healing with that family situation.

And money!!!

Menopausal New Mom said...

Wow! What a questionnaire! Oh yes, money is something none of us has enough of. I loved your answers although the problems with your family must be so painful.

Here's hoping for a great 2010!

Heart2Heart said...

I love this survey Tami and will post it on Wednesday! It looks like so much fun and what a way to tie 2009 into 2010!

Let's hope for a great job you can do from home in 2010!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

The dB family said...

I think that was my biggest lesson learned in 2009 too. "Don't sweat the small stuff." Now if only I can remember that for 2010!

Blessings!
Deborah

Anonymous said...

Learning more about you with each post. I'm with you on the money!

Helene said...

This was fun to read..it's always a blast to look back at the past year and remember all that's happened.

I love Criminal Minds too...esp the last few episodes!

Lee said...

You are just way too cute about your husband. And, I loved the movie Duplicity!!

Corrie Howe said...

I agree this is quite a survey. And I've learned more about you. Love that you carved a pumpkin for the first time.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's some survey. It great! Something you could keep and look back on in a number of years. I enjoyed learning more about you - I don't enjoy laundry either and I love Ellen too!

Amy said...

I am so glad you did this. I loved the pumpkin part. It was great reading and getting to know more about you.