So I was reading over at Keeping Up with the Schultzs. Amy was doing her 2009 End of the Year Survey. I liked it so much that I want to join it. If you do please let me know I want to read your answers.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
You all must not being reading my blog.. I've never blogged before. Ok wait wait..there is more. I carved a pumpkin for the first time.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did make some last year. I didn't meet them all. I didn't get find a new job. I'm not making new resolutions this year. I have all I need I have my family, our health and great friends.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, I'm starting to wonder who didn't give birth. Let's see, my nephews both had sons, Aiden and Alexandria. My brother in law had a baby girl, Gabrielle. Two of my friends had a baby. Oh I adopted my son Jason as well. So does that mean I gave birth. Oh man that is a scary thought. He weighs 45 lbs. Ok I'm tired I need to go to bed for a year lol.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I had two friends lose their dad.
5. What countries did you visit?
None. I just stayed in the United States.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Money money money!!!! Give me money! Have you not read I'm broke?
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Visiting my brother in Florida. I got to reconnect with my brother.
Visiting my sister in Florida. The feud don't you read me?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Adopting Jason. We are so very lucky.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not making money
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Things for my family that made them smile. The pumpkin to carve for Halloween.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Faith and Jason
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My brother in laws, My own at times
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, Home, Food, and to my family.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
That I could go visit my sister
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Carrie Underwood - Lessons Learned
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
I am still happy, I'm still the same size and I'm poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Playing with my kids at every opportunity
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Laundry.. I hate laundry
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family on 5 different occasions
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Yes, as always deeper with my husband, Ken and my daughter, Faith. I fell in love with my son, Jason. My new niece and two great nephews.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Ellen, NCIS, General Hospital, Criminal Minds, American Idol and House.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you did not hate this time last year?
I do not think so. I really do not hate anyone. I may dislike them. Well ok maybe my brother in law.
24. What was the best book you read?
Twilight Series by: Stephenie Meyer
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
David Allan Coe
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
A new car
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I stayed at home with my kids. Went out to eat that night with my husband and kids.
Age does not matter.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To have found a job at home. I don't want to leave my kids.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
That's not a paper bag is it? Ok it works on me.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don't actually think like that. I fancied my husband most. No he's not reading this lol.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Health Care Issues..
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
All of my followers. I love each and every one of you.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
That life is for living and not to worry about the small stuff. That I have to raise my kids the way I need to and not according to someone else's standard.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore?