Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sappy Saturday

Well ok I'm going to be sappy today.  It's late and I'm amazed that I have so many of you that have stayed with me through thick and then.  I never dreamed when I started this blog that I would be touched by so many.  I've been honored again to receive more awards.  And usually I follow the rules specific.  We all know that I love to acknowledge blogs that are exceptional but right now.  I don't have time to go to each of your awards.  So I'll break the rules today.  I want each of you to chose the one award that fits you and take it with you.  Although a few of them I have left for all of you.  You know that I love you all.  I'm still trying to catch up on all the amazing blogs I found yesterday.  I have a lot more to get too.  So here we go.

I received the Honest Scrapper Award and This Blog Rocks from Lynn at MiddayEscapades.  As you are aware, Lynn is one of the co-hostess of Follow Friday.  She and I have developed a friendship that I am very honored to have.  Please go check out her blog.  You'll love it.



Rules for this one are:  *This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.


*When accepting this award, you must write a post about it, including the name of the person who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.

*Choose a minimum of seven blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Show the blog names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with the Honest Scrap award.

*List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!

So the ten honest things about myself are:
  1. I am utterly amazed that I still have readers.  I feel blessed every time I receive a comment. 
  2. I do honestly care a lot more about what people think of me.  Though I try to hide it.
  3. There is no greater joy than loving my children.  There is no harder joy of being a parent.
  4. I love my husband unconditionally.  Yes yes I know you all think I'm sappy there.  But I do.  I am blessed no matter what tiffs we get into.  We still always support each other in the end.
  5. I am a sexual being.  Wow that was hard to say so occasionally I do slip and mention something.  Most of you laugh at me when I do.
  6. I am a widow.  I know what its like to watch someone you love die.  I know how much a miracle each moment of your lives are.  I know that its possible to love two men in a lifetime.
  7. I love corny outspoken people.  Some say I am but I don't see it.
  8. I cry easily for the littest things.  I cry when I get an award.  Yes I cried lots even when writing this post.  I feel so blessed.  I cry when my child get hurt.  Even though I play the hard nose with them.  I think you have to let kids learn themselves.  And then I cry when they get hurt.
  9. I hate when people belittle another.  I will stand up and shout at someone when it happens if I see it.
  10. I'm a perfectionist which means I probably rechecked this post 50 times before sending it out.  Probably still a mistake cuz I gave up.
Ok Rules for the This Blog Rocks are:



Come to think of it.  I don't remember there being rules.  Thank you Lynn.  I'm very honored to have received it from you since your blog totally rocks.  If you want it take it please.

I was honored once again to receive a Circle of Friends Award for the fourth time.  This time from Lynn at Midday Escapades.  Thank you again Sweetie.



Rules are to tell 5 things that you love.
  1. I love to write poetry and stories.  whispers even erotic ones.
  2. I love to journal my thoughts.
  3. I love being a woman.  I love dressing in silky clothes.  Taking hot baths.
  4. I adore candles.  Especially woodwick ones.
  5. I love surprising my loved ones.
I received the Remarkable Reader award from JennyMac at Let's Make a Cocktail.  Jenny's blog is pretty awesome so please go check her out as well.  Thank you Jenny.
 
 


 
I received the Happy Award from Lynn at MiddayEscapades and Kathie at MyNetFinds.  Thank you so much Lynn and Kathie.  I love you both.  Please everyone stop over and check out their blogs.



The rules are to list 10 things that make you happy.

So here they are 10 things that make me happy in no particular order:

  1. Reading a good book or blog.
  2. Watching a good movie
  3. Starbucks
  4. Comments from my fellow bloggy followers
  5. Awards
  6. My family
  7. Making a child smile
  8. Volunteering
  9. My bloggy friends
  10. Time alone with hubs
I want you all to take this one.  I love you all.  (Suppose to grab 10 bloggers that make you smile but that fits you all).


The last award, Your Blog Lights My Fire and certainly not the least came from my friend, Lee over at Headaches Hormones and Hotflashes.  She is fondly known as the Queen.  She has an amazing blog and you need to check it out.  Thank you Lee.



She originally made this award up to give to her followers that have been supportive to her. So keeping in the same theme I want to give this to everyone who has been there for me during my "slump".  I can't begin to tell you how very much it has meant to me. The love that I received and the fact that you are still here attest to me having the best bloggy friends around.  Yeah yeah Lee I know you say yours are the best.  I think that every blogger out there can tell you that a bloggy friend is an awesome thing to have.  Thank you my friends.  I love each and every one of you.



Photobucket

13 comments:

yonca said...

Congrats on your much deserved awards Tami. Love your happy list! Hope having a great weekend.

sheila said...

Congrats on all these! You'll need an awards case soon! ;o)

Emmy said...

Congrats on all of the awards!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

YOU ARE LOVED ALLOT. OMG LOOK AT ALL THOSE AWARD! CONGRATULATIONS...

* said...

Sweet awards! I love silky clothes & hot baths, too. Congrats, all!

jules said...

Congrats on your awards!!

Stacy said...

Hello I Friday Followed you. I am intrigued by your profile. I want to know what job you left that you loved.

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Congratulations on all your Awards...I am now following you...I got the link for your wonderful blog from Audrey of Audreys Country Crafts blog and the Follow Friday post...I really like your blog....

Vodka Logic said...

Congratulations and well deserved

Amy said...

congrats on your many awards.

The Mommyologist said...

This was a great post and I enjoyed learning more about you! Congrats on all your awards!

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Congrats on all of your awards! I also value our friendship very much. Thanks for being there!

Audrey said...

Congrats on the awards! It's so nice to get them but they can be a lot of work too :)