Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Years - 2010



It's a New Year.  I'm sitting here thinking about all the wonderful things that are in my life.  We start the new year as a family together sitting watching parades and cartoons.  Interesting combination my husband has going on.  Does your significant other switch channels all the time?  Its irritating but right now it is what it is.

I thought about New Year's resolutions that I had last year.  Did I do them all?  No I haven't.  Am I happy today as I was last year?  Well No I'm happy.  So that must mean that all those resolutions weren't as important to me as I thought.

So let's see what last year brought me...

We had an awesome winter.




Faith and her sister.  Can't see the family resemblence can you?




You probably can't tell but in the middle of the snow on top of my car is a layer of ice.  It was so beautiful and deadly at the same time.

In February, my husband and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary.  Our love is still going strong.




Though it was challenged when he destroyed our backyard with his 4 wheeler.

In March, we legally adopted our son, Jason on March 27th.




In the judge's chambers with my mother at the adoption.  Doesn't Jason look so happy?

In April, we celebrated Jason's first birthday with us when he turned 4.




Though his party wasn't until May.  We, also, celebrated the new arrival of our 2nd cousin, Alexi.

We, also, said goodbye to my nephew, Will as he got ready to go in the army.  We ate at the Golden Corral.  We are praying for him daily.




In May, we celebrated my birthday and mother's day.  I got some pretty flowers and great drawings.  Faith made me a plant that died in days.  Faith saw her first parade as well.

In June, we celebrated father's day.  Ken was allowed to sleep late and then we had a great time together.  We had an awesome summer.

In July, my great nephew Aiden was born.



In August, we had lots of fun playing with the kids and getting ready for the new year at school.  My nephew, Scott, started kindergarten.




Faith with my sister-in-laws puppy, Choffi.




The kids at McDonalds.  Don't you think this is a great picture?  I was shocked at how it came out.




Isn't Tom gorgeous?

In September, Faith went back to school.  We watched the WEBN's Fireworks on tv.  Totally awesome firework's display.  I want to stay at the Covington Mariott next year for it.  There is an awesome bridge show that you have to be on the Ohio River to see.







Isn't this spectular?




Faith went to the Alexandria Fair Grounds with her cousins.

We, also, celebrated the arrival of my niece, Gabrielle.




We celebrated my grandma's 90th Birthday party




Doesn't she look great?  We found out that grandma was moving to Florida with my aunt that day.




My mom's cousins.  Although I don't know how she thinks they aren't mine too.




Jason started preschool as well.

In October, we celebrated Halloween with Jason being a skeleton and Faith as a cat.





We went to Florida to see my brother and sister's families.




Jason was so happy to be out of that car and know we were in Florida.




We saw Aiden for the first time.  Doesn't my sister look great for a grandma?




We road a train with the Florida Railroad Museum.  We got to see a really neat gunfight on it.




Of course we played on the beach as well.  It was high 90's the entire time we were there.

In November, we celebrated Thanksgiving with our families. 




We went to the Newport Aquarium with Faith's class.  We looked for Santa but didn't find him.  We saw sharks, octopus, penguins.  The kids were writing a report on penguins.  They had a grant to do this field trip.  What a great surprise.  Afterwards, my husband took me to Joe's Crab Shack for lunch.

In December, we celebrated more Christmas's than I can remember.  We had one with my mom where she cried when she opened her gift.  I made her a photo album on Snapfish of the last 7 years of our lives.  So she got to have a book with all of these pictures.  She was so excited and planned on taking it to Florida with her.




Don't you love it when they are that touched with a gift?

We celebrated Christmas with my dad and grannie Fran as well.




We had our private Christmas as well and then on to the cousin's Christmas.




The kids were ecstatic.




Nieces and Nephews Christmas 2009

And of course, we celebrated my husband's 34th birthday.




We went to the mall that day.

Lots has happened this year.  Not all good.  Not all bad.  Babies were born.  Feud were started.  Weddings are coming.  Houses were bought.  I've cried, laughed, screamed, and so much more.  The point remains.  I survived another year.  I celebrated another year with my family.  Nothing bad matters as long as you have your health, your family, your friends.. thats all that is important.  So no resolutions for me this year.  Just great times and great friends.

Photobucket

19 comments:

injaynesworld said...

What a wonderful year. Thanks for sharing the lovely photos.

May your 2010 be even better.

Hugs, Jayne

Anonymous said...

What a PHENOMENAL year!! Congrats on all the ups!!!

Menopausal New Mom said...

Hi Tami, I loved your year in review. Beautiful photos and time and time again it's all about family isn't it. Yes, I love how you summed up the important things in life family, friends, their love and good health.

Happy New Year to You! I'm so glad I found your blog!

Amy said...

Looks like a great 2009. Happy 2010!

Flory said...

Tami,

What a wonderful year in review. I can see why you started 2010 feeling happy.

Happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Tami - what a year you had! Wishing more of the best for 2010! Hugs and kisses.

~Lynn

Amy said...

Glad to have you back. Have a great New Year.. I love these wrap ups they are so much fun to read..

Blia said...

It seems like you had an awesome 2009! I love the wonderful pictures, and may 2010 be just as blessed and more! Happy New Year! Found you on Entrecard.

Blia
http://superheroesmom.com

Helene said...

What a wonderful way to relive the past year!! Hope 2010 is even better!!!

Unknown said...

thank you for sharing your year...

what a beautiful photo of the kids at the beach! stunning!

Buckeroomama said...

Wow, you had quite a few additions to your family in 2009. :)

At the end of each year, it is not about how many new year's resolutions we were able to keep, but whether or not we could look back and smile and look forward to the coming year with a happy heart.

I loved reading your year in review.

Have a blessed 2010.

Vodka Logic said...

great pictures and what a lot of kids in the family.

Thanks for the review.
xx

yonca said...

What a beautiful year! Love your family photos! Wishing you an even better year. Big Hugs!

The dB family said...

Love the year in pictures! A very Happy New year to you. May you be blessed in 2010!

Blessings!
Deborah

Aunt Juicebox said...

Oh very nice! I love all the pictures!

caloy said...

happy new year! wishing u more good times and more photos to cherish for 2010...

i hope u can dropby my blogs too..

Corrie Howe said...

Thanks for a look back over the year, especially since I'm "new" to your blog.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy New Year, make it a good one.
I have my own TV in my office because I can't do the channel thing anymore.

Anonymous said...

What a great look back at a wonderful year! I love all the photos, you guys sure were busy!