Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday's Randoms

Thank you all for your responses yesterday to No Child Left Behind.  Just a few things that I didn't mention.  Jason and I are already going through preschool books. 



He is very intelligent.  We do pages every day from the book.  He will be ready for kindergarten when it is time.  I don't believe that he's missing out on anything by not being there.  Other than the speech program which they weren't going to give him.  They were just going to test him.  Even though they had him 8 weeks already.  They knew it was an issue.  He has the same exact speech problem that Faith has.  I know that as long as I do not sign off that he will receive speech therapy in September.  I think the social issues is his biggest problems right now which can be solved by joining the Mom's Club and taking him to the mall to play.  Even sending him to spend the night with his cousins will help.  But having the kids at school treat him different will give him more of a negative impact than I care to think about.

I believe in my heart that I am being the best advocate for him by doing this.  But I needed to get the word out about what is going on.  So another child does not go through this.  I have already written my senator and the school board.  I considered a lawyer to get him what he needs as well.  We considered all of our options.  But it really comes down to he needs to be with me more than he needs to be in that school.  He's just simply not ready to be in a school and especially not one in that treats him differently.  I don't believe it is going to help him to go to school for 8 more weeks which is the end of February. 

So here is the other side as well.  He's there until March.  He's treated differently by the kids the entire time.  He's been going to a school psychologist that probably doesn't know how to deal with kid from his background.  He improves in social issues or doesn't.  If he improves he gets thrown out of the program.  If he doesn't, its another 8 weeks.  So they could keep up this nonsense until the end of the school year. 

I believe that I can give him more so I'm not putting him back in.  When he starts kindergarten in August, I will be there to push for what he needs.  I will volunteer in his class.  I will make sure that he is not going to be left behind because I am his mother.  The state might have fallen in his case but I won't.




Ok I let the Problogger down.  Obviously I was way off my timing so I'm restarting the program.  I haven't done anything so its natural.  Tomorrow will be my first day.  I can't evaluate a program that I didn't get started on.  Wouldn't be fair to me or to them.




Ok here's what happened.  Ken was up in the bathroom when he happened to see the fan in Faith's room moving.  He didn't think the fan would be running so he was a little surprised.  He then asked what was going on.  They giggled at him.  I'm sitting downstairs hearing this.  I almost walked up the stairs but I decided that big ole dad needed to deal with it.  That's when he started screaming.  I do mean screaming.   He's always calm and collected.

The kids were on Faith's bed.  Her bed is a little high with the mattresses.  Faith was on all fours.  Jason was standing on her back and hanging from the ceiling fan.  The blades on the ceiling fan were bent in.   Thank God they were not hurt.



Here's a few new Post-Its:





Please remember to jump over to Supahmommy's and join her.


Photobucket

8 comments:

Mrs. M said...

Sounds like you are doing all the right things! And I am so glad no one was harmed by the ceiling fan incident! :)

Amy said...

Wow you sure have a lot going on in your house. Good luck...

Cali-delights said...

Your blog is very interesting :)

Lee said...

Honey...you keep fighting for him, with you watching his back there is no way he will lose!

injaynesworld said...

Kids are certainly inventive when it comes to ways to turns their mom's hair a premature gray.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with everything. I hope it all works out in your favor. It sounds like you are being a great advocate and mother.

I can't believe they were hanging from the ceiling fan! Your heart must have stopped! Glad they are ok.

Anonymous said...

I love stickies, too and I have YOU to thank for introducing them to me. In fact, I have you tutorial link in every post it note tuesday.

Corrie Howe said...

It will always come down to you doing what is best for your child, whatever that maybe. I hope you get some response from your letters to senator and school board.