Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bend, Breathe, and Conceive Fertility Yoga DVD and Fertility Flame Candle Review



At first when I was asked if I would be willing to do a review on the Bend, Breathe and Conceive Fertility Yoga DVD with Anna Davis, Ph.D., RYT, I was surprised.  I immediately told Amy at Fairhaven Health that I would not be a good candidate for the review since I am not capable of having children.  She assured me that was not an issue.  They have a lot of different people doing the reviews.  They, also, have lots of mommy products that I think you should all check out.  You can find them here.  They are, also, on Facebook at http://www.fertilaid.com/facebook and Twitter at http://twitter.com/FertilAidAmy.



This video is presented by Anna Davis, Ph.D., RYT who is a neurologist, a science educator, and a certified yoga instructor. She has been practicing yoga for 25 years.


Anna’s voice is soothing and calm. In the first part of the video, she talks about restoring mind-body integration and balance which I think this video does. I liked how she explained scientifically how doing the yoga will ease the stress that you experience when you are dealing with trying to get pregnant. I remember those feelings and they are hard to cope with.

I haven't done much yoga. I have always wanted to get back into it. I really enjoyed the video. I found it to be very calming and relaxing. It is a great stress reliever. My husband said I appeared more happy and positive after using it for a week. I, also, noticed that I am beginning to tone. I did it about 3 times a week for the two weeks that I have had it. It is a 60 minute workout so plan on spending the time.

I have to say with my limited knowledge of yoga that I did find it hard to pick up the poses that she is doing. She did not give explanations on how so I did struggle for a bit with them. But I did figure them out as well. She presented the relaxing techniques very well. I would definitely recommend it to you.



While I was trying out the video, I have also been trying the Fertile Flame Fertility Candle.  I light it every night about 15 minutes before I go to bed.  It smells incredible and helps to calm me after dealing with my crazy kids.  It smells like I put jasmine in the air.  Surprising my husband has been enjoying it as much as me. 

It contains all natural wax infused with scents of chamomille, jasmine, and ylang ylang.  It has a cotton wick.  There is no wasted wax.  It's free of pollutant and chemicals which means its especially good for you if you are pregnant.

Please go over to Fairhaven Health and check out their products.  You'll be happy you did.

 

Disclaimer:  The product in this review was provided to me free of cost for the purpose of conducting this review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and are not influenced by monetary or other means of compensation.

Photobucket

9 comments:

yonca said...

Thanks for this wonderful review Tami! I'll be checking it out!

Stephanie said...

Sounds very calming!

sheila said...

Sounds very nice, but I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole, lol. I'm done. finished. kaput.

It would be a very nice thing though for young women. ;)

Anonymous said...

So interesting these products. It's amazing what's out there. Thanks for sharing.

mudmama said...

sounds great, i would have loved both of those things when i was trying to get preg!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

that does sound calming!!

*Mom's Best Bets said...

Great review...I'm following you now from your Friday follow..please come by and visit Mom's Best Bets:)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a wonderful site. I'm beyond the years but I put it in my favorites for when my kids get ready to make me a grandmother.

Lynn @Mama_Says said...

Tami, I'm visiting as part of the FF Blog Hop. Thanks for the insightful review of the DVD and candle. We can all use a calm point in our day. Best, Lynn