Friday, January 8, 2010

Recap of Week and Announcement

Well I've been trying to post all week.  I'm back to being my normal self.  Things have come up so I haven't been able to get around the blogosphere much this week.  Faith finally went back to school on Monday.  Only to come back home at 10 AM because she was throwing up.  She wasn't feeling well for the rest of the day but by evening she was ok.  I wasn't allowed to send her back for 24 hours because of school policy.  I started throwing up that night so I guess it was a flu bug.  So I told Ken not to wake me up in the morning because she wasn't going.  I was thinking we could all sleep in.. Do you think that Ken allowed me to sleep in???  HECK NO.  He woke me up after...wait for it... AFTER HE FOUND OUT THE SCHOOL WAS CLOSED DUE TO WEATHER.  Not only did he get me up.  He deliberately woke the kids up.  He said if he had to work so do I.

So I said sarcastically, "Where do I work?  You said that I don't do anything at all.  I thought cleaning the house, taking care of the kids, taking care of you big idiot, and everything else wasn't a job?"

"Well, I changed my mind.  It is.  So get to work."  he said and left. 

Why did he wake me up?  What was his purpose in this grand announcement?  Because he doesn't do anything without a reason the big oaf.  So I'm stuck with two little monster who want to play in the snow.  Yeah ok.  I'm really not going to go outside with Faith when she was just sick.  Not to mention I still can't hold anything down.  Faith can sleep until 11 a.m. if we let her.  Jason, on the other hand, is always awake at 7 a.m. like clockwork.  But I have him trained he plays in his room until I come get him.  Ken always turns on his light.  Usually I do about 9 a.m. after I have tried to post and look around the blogosphere.  Well Ken has officially upset the cart that day.  We did eventually go outside and play in the snow against my best wishes.  No pictures wasn't up to that.

Tuesday night, Ken was upstairs and talking to Faith.  This is what I heard:

Ken:  "Faith, you might be able to go back to school tomorrow if they aren't closed again."

Faith:  "Daddy, I want to go to SCHOOL."

Ken:  "Faith, I can't help if it is closed."

Faith:  "DADDY, I SAID I WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL."

I was giggling downstairs and doing a little gig.  My baby girl likes school.  I am so happy that she does.  My baby girl wants to go to school.  She was screaming at the end of that conversation at him.

So Wednesday comes and Faith goes to school.  YIPPEE.  I get to work on the kitchen.  You know getting all those little things done that you usually don't want to.  Wood floors have to be maintained properly.  When Faith comes home from school, she got mad at me because she had to do all her homework for the week.  She argued with me for 15 minutes grumbling as she does it.

Thursday...NO SCHOOL Again.  Grumble grumble.  Ken wakes us all up again for no reason.  He knew the night before that we didn't have school.  My laundry was coming out of the room literally.  I was waiting for it to walk.  SO I had to tackle the laundry that day.

Now its Friday and I realized as I often do that.. I need to get organized.  I need to just start posting things so that they automatically show up the next day.  See I don't have anything prepared I always do it spur of the moment.  Thats not working out to well right now.  How do you stay organized? 

I want to be so organized that I can stop out at all your blogs.  I want to be able to read them all.  I do read alot on google reader but I want to comment more.  So I need to figure out how to get more organized.  Please leave me suggestions on how to do so.




HEAR YE!  HEAR YE!  A special announcement for a new feature is coming up soon!  But I can't tell you what it is yet!  I do have the honor of joining two awesome bloggers.  It could very well have something to do with this post.  I am so excited to be seeing this come to fruitation.

Please remember to leave me your tips on how to get organized.


Photobucket

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello my friend! I can't wait for next Friday so we can make our announcement!

Hmm, staying organized. Well, there is no magic solution unless we can wave a magic wand for more time in the day. I try to plan my posts in advance and do bulk of work on the weekends. I have a schedule that I try to follow for admin tasks.

Have you considered the 31 Days ebook? I credit it completely for getting me organized: The End of an Era http://bit.ly/6dXigv

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

Actually I just picked that up off your blog the other day. Giggles I just need to find the time to read it too. Going now I think.

injaynesworld said...

I don't know... I think being organized is overrated. There's a lot to be said for chaos. Besides, if I spent my time trying to get organized, that's all I'd be doing. It is a never ending battle that I appear to be doomed to lose. But best of luck to you!

Aunt Juicebox said...

Um, waking you up early when you are SICK and throwing up is a black mark for him. Seriously. You do not mess with a sick woman. Next time he's sick, you make sure to not let him get any sleep either.

Anonymous said...

That post made me pretty mad. First off, you do have a job. A 24-7 job. You don't get sick days. You don't get breaks. Your husband does get days off. He does get sick days. He has NO RIGHT to say that you don't have a job, and make you get up early when you're sick. That's just plain rude. You shouldn't have to put up with that. He goes and wakes the kids up because you need to work while he's working? Does that mean that he should stay at his work all day, because you're at your work all day? I think he needs to spend a week doing "your job", that will put him in his place.

Frugal Vicki said...

I am still trying to figure this out myself. I am so far behind, and now that I have so many different blogs, I am having a heck of a time posting and commenting, even though I read quite a bit. If you figure it out, let me know!

Tracie said...

I would be incredibly mad if my husband woke all of us up like that. If he woke me up, I could deal with it. But you NEVER EVER wake a sleeping child (if they don't have to be up for some reason).

Don't ask me about the organization thing. I'm barely treading water over here. I comment from my reader. You just click on the post title.

Anita said...

Sounds like you and your husband need to have a conversation. Taking care of the physical and emotional needs of children is hard, as we all know.
But even if you had no kids, he needs to treat you like a queen; then maybe you'll respond and give him special treatment too.
Organization is hard! But, I think the climate of the whole household determines what it looks like. The happier I am, the more things I do to keep things neat. But, even if I don't and I'm still in a good mood, my husband will be in a good mood too, and won't care about the piled up laundry.
Just keep clean underwear and socks in his drawer and he'll be okay. :)

Corrie Howe said...

Um? I dunno. Tonight I'm in a hotel room after midnight trying to get my google reader under 100. I started five hours ago and have only read and commented on 100 posts.

Katherine said...

I hate to say this, but I hope Ken gets the stomach flu. If so, I want you to wake him up every hour on the hour and tell him to get to work.

You need to SERIOUSLY consider the marriage and your well being. I am so sad for you being with someone so controlling and purposely cruel. You deserve better!!!

Deanna said...

the best tip about getting organized is just to :Do it" as Nike says!

Following from MBC, hope you can visit my site too!

CountessLaurie said...

Um, I would have tried very hard not to kill him, but I am not sure I would have been successful. And if i thought of it at the time, i would have sneezed on his toothbrush so he got the bug too. Okay probably not, but I would have thought about it :-)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'll be watching for the information!