Thursday, January 7, 2010

When is the last time you did something new for the first time?

I was reading an Ezine Article yesterday about when is the last time you did something new for the first time.  It really set me to thinking all day long.  I know when my last time was.  I had accupuncture done about two weeks ago for my back.  The doctor ordered it so it was not something that I personally went to to do.  But this article made me start thinking how we all get into our set little routines.  We go through our days and sometimes there is no excitement.  So I came up with some suggestions for us all to do as firsts:
  • Make a new recipe
  • Do a something for a stranger for no reason at all
  • Read a book by a new author that you have never read before
  • Read a new blog - you all know we love new followers
  • Eat something new (Have you ever wanted to try frog legs?  Go for it.)
  • Create something with your hands
  • Make a photo album on Snapfish or KodakGallery
  • Do something to spice up your marriage (Yes yes try a strip tease, lap dance... come on do something that sets your significant's eyes on fire.)
  • Record a song of your kid's singing
  • Do a vlog for your blog.  (Wait is it called a vlog..need to ask my friend Lee)
  • Have you ever colored with your kids..if not do it.
So what was your last first?  Do you have more suggestions for others to try?

Photobucket

5 comments:

Liz Mays said...

It's been a while and I should take this hint and do it!

Heart2Heart said...

Tami,

My hubby and I are starting our Bible Study together for the first time in the book of Revelation as well as planning our first of many family vacations.

I am planning on seeing my blogging sister this summer if not sooner and I also look for new blogs as often as I can and try to encourage them as well.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Anita said...

That's a good idea!
Actually, today I had lunch with my husband and ordered butternut squash soup. Believe it or not, I'd never had it before, and ordered it just for that reason.
I liked it. :)

Frugal Vicki said...

You know, last year I went to a mom function by myself for the first time. My whole life I haven't been the type of person to do things by myself. And it felt good and I was proud of myself. And I will be doing later this month even!

Corrie Howe said...

Sounds like fun. I'll have to come up with my own list.