Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christma Meme - Getting To Know You

I was tagged by Amy at Moving On From the Drama, who was tagged by Amanda at 'Manda Blogs About, who was tagged by Jen at Jael Custom Designs, who was tagged by Ivette at WAHM BAHM, who was tagged by Heather at Top Ten Christmas Blog to participate in her Christmas Meme.

1.) Have you started your Christmas shopping? Yes, I'm pretty close to be done.

2.) Tell me about one of your special traditions. My family has always enjoyed a movie night every year.  Last year we strung the popcorn as usual.  To my utter shock, the dogs ate it all.  LOL Who would have thought dogs would eat popcorn?  "Ohhh waits its food.  My bad."  That's what my husband said.

3.) When do you put up your Tree? When my husband gets around to it.  I can't go into the crawlspace.  I'll freak out so I have to trust that he will think about it.  I was once frozen under the house for two hours because I couldn't move.

4.) Are you a Black Friday shopper? I used to be, but I kinda got scared last night when my sister in law got punched in the face.  Them people are dangerous I tell you.  No punches required in my Christmas.  I did a lot of shopping online this year though.

5.) Do you Travel at Christmas or Stay home?  We used to go from house to house here in town.  But my family has split up this year and moved to different states.  I will never travel on Christmas though.  I love having my kids wake up in their own bedrooms and started screaming from the top of the stars.  "Santa came, mommy wake up."

6.) What is your funniest Christmas memory? When I was engaged to my husband, I bought him a new stereo system.  When I got to his mom's house, can you imagine my surprise that I got exactly the same thing?  He thought my hints about finding out what he wanted was what I wanted.

7.) What is your favorite Christmas Movie of All time?  I love Christmas music.  Absolutely love it.  It is so uplifting.  I love Rudolph, the Rednosed Reindeer.  I love Jingle Bell Rock.  I love the Chipmunks (can't remember the song title though).  I love White Christmas.  I love Here's Comes Santa Claus.  Ok I can't choose..you chose one for me.

8.)Do you do your own Christmas Baking? What’s your favorite treat? Yes, I do some baking. Oddly enough my family always insisted that I make my homemade lasagna on Christmas as well.  But other than that they frown.  I don't see why I only burn stuff once in a while.  I absolutely adore chocolate chip cookies.  Nice and hot.  It reminds me of my mother's house.  Ohhh I also love those wedding cookies.

9.) Fake or Real Tree? Fake tree.. are you kidding me?  If I had a real tree, my cat would climb it.  Which she did one year and it came toppling over.

10.) What day (as a Mom) does the actual panic set in to get it all done? I'm ashamed to say, the morning of the 24th. I'm a procrastinator.  (Have to agree with Amy on this one)

11.) Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve? Yes, a few odds and ends. Sometimes still buying gifts on that day. Told you I was a procrastinator.  Amy stop reading my mind.

12.) What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas? We do a lot of fun activities.  We go to the Zoo to see the Festival of Lights.  We go downtown to do a carriage ride.  There are just so many fun things to do like seeing the train exhibit, going to the zoo for the Festival of Lights, doing a carriage ride.  My most favorite thing though is simply seeing the delight in my kids' eyes. 

13.) What Christmas craft do you like the best? I am so the non crafter in blogsphere.  But I love to do those felt crafts with the kids.

14.) Christmas music? Yes or No. And if yes, What is your favorite song? Yes, we listen to it all the time.  The kids love it.  I love it.  Now my mom didn't love it when we drove to Florida lol.  Which was in October.  Favorite song..see above.

15.) When do you plan to finish all your shopping? When its done.  I always think I'm done then I see something else that I just have to buy.  So when its done, I'm done.

Any blogger is welcome to participate in this meme, even if you haven’t been tagged yet. Heather will go back and add your blog link to the list if you wanna play along.

Just simply copy and paste the questions into your blog, and then answer them.

Then tag 5 or more of your favorite blogs, and leave them a comment telling them they’ve been tagged.

When you post your blog, please spread some Christmas cheer, and leave a link back to Heather's Top Ten Christmas Blog, and the blog that you were tagged by which happens to be HeartsMakeFamilies.

Here are my 5:

1. Patiently Waiting
2. Mamahood, Among Other Things
3. Mama's Losin It
4. Menopausal New Mom
5. I'm Living Proof that God Has a Sense of Humor

Even if I didn't tag you, please join in.

Photobucket

10 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Congratulations. I just saw it an I thought, I've been trying to get off my computer all morning just reading my A List, who has time for this kind of post. I'm glad you have time, it's really a good one.

Liz Mays said...

I'm all about the fake trees too. I can't stand the mess of a real one!

I need to shop and get with it!

♥♥ tuğçe♥♥ said...

congrats i have just discovered ur blog it is nice and ur blog's name is so effective

Amy said...

I got this tag today. I will be doing it soon..

Unknown said...

you were willingly listening to christmas music in october...wow, you are inspiring!

i'm all about the fake tree, too...i can't stand the mess. but i think this year we're going to make it fun (i need the extra encouragement) and go to a tree farm and pick one out...should be fun!

Menopausal New Mom said...

Hey Tami, thanks for tagging me. I will try to get my post up this weekend!!

Tracie said...

You're almost done with your shopping? I haven't even started.

Frugal Vicki said...

I have a few odds and ends left to buy, and all the wrapping to do, but I am done. I buy all through the year, but I need to find a better tracking system, because I have WAY too many gifts this year...and you know mama doesn't want to make them wait!

Nishant said...

I need to shop and get with it!

Work From Home India

Amy said...

Thanks for participating.