Sunday, December 27, 2009

Things Children Say



Jack (age 3) was watching his mom breast-feeding his new baby sister.  After a while, he asked:  "Mom why have you got two?  Is one for hot and one for cold milk?"

Steven (age 3) hugged and kissed his mom good night.  "I love you so much, that when you die I'm going to buy your outside my bedroom window."

Susan (age 4) was drinking juice when she got the hiccups.  "Please don't give me this juice again," she said, "It makes my teeth cough."

Marc (age 4) was engrossed in a young couple that were hugging and kissing in a restaurant.  Without taking his eyes off them, he asked his dad:  "Why is he whispering in her mouth?"

A mother will never forget during a Sunday sermon, "Dear Lord," the minister began, with arms extended towards heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face.  "Without you, we are but dust."  He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter (who was listening) leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little girl voice, "Mom, what is butt dust?"

NOTE:  I just found this in my emails.  I did not write it but I wanted to share it.


Photobucket

20 comments:

Andrea said...

Hope you have a wonderfully blessed day!
Blessings and hugs,
andrea

Amy said...

hot and cold that is a great way to think of it smart child. These were great.

Corrie Howe said...

We had a former Pastor and assistant pastor who cracked up every time that verse was read, so my husband (an ordained elder) switched versions of the bible to read that passage so the two ordained pastors wouldn't be on stage snickering.

yonca said...

Those are great. Hope you're having a great holiday. Happy New Year!

Aunt Juicebox said...

LOL I love it when my little nieces and nephews come up with crazy stuff like this. My 3 yr old niece is known as "the entertainer" because she always makes us laugh.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could remember the funny things my kiddos have said. Should have written them down. These are great.

Flory said...

Very funny!

Have a happy new year!!

Shelley said...

Happy Holidays! Following from MBC! I'd love for you to come visit me!

~Shelley

The dB family said...

Hee hee! Butt dust! That one cracked me up!

Blessings!
Deborah

Frugal Vicki said...

That is too cute. I love the little gems that come out of kids mouths.

Theta Mom said...

One for hot, one for cold! Hilarious!

Deidra said...

Oh so funny!

Menopausal New Mom said...

I love the innocent observations of children. So cute! Thanks for sharing!

Ducky said...

I'm always up for the words that come from children!

lucky for me hubs works at an elementary school so he comes home with LOTS of gut-busting material!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I love this email I've seen it before and it always melts my heart. God love them!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I have seen that one and love it. So, so some stuff my kids say! ELijah once (when 3) asked if my breast had chocolate milk!

Nicole @ WhenDidIBecomeMyMom.com said...

You said it Jack! Lol.

I think I've seen the Butt Dust one, but was worth a repeat! :-)

Happy New Year!

Tracie said...

Butt dust is too funny! They all were.

Clueless_Mama said...

Those were all really cute. My son thinks I have two because one is for nursing little sister and one is for him to use as a water gun. He is a mess!!

Anonymous said...

Those comments are precious. I'm still laughing over the breast feeding one.