Friday, December 11, 2009

I have the best followers - Tips to help and Awards

I've been saying this for the longest time but it is soooo true.  I have the best followers.  My followers are wonderful.  Yes yes I'm buttering you up.  You see this week I have been trying to catch up on all my reading.  I'm sure that most of you saw me commenting.  But I ran into a few things that slowed me down.  I know I know.. So I'm going to give some tips that I got from my friend, Lee at Headaches, Hotflashes and Hormones.  Now if you haven't checked her out, get your butts over there.  She's totally funny and upfront.

So here are the tips:

NO REPLY AT BLOGGER DOT COM

I mean I hate it.. I despise it.  I want to respond to you all by email.  I love responding by emails.  I love talking to you all.  I want to know about my readers.  So I respond to every email I get.  Until I see the hated "no reply at blogger dot com."  So Lee taught me how to get rid of this issue.  You can find this information here as well.  But to make it easy I am going to post it here for you.  I expect you to visit Lee though.  The directions are as follows:

  1. Go to your Dashboard on Blogger dot com.
  2. Hit your edit profile, right next to your picture, avatar or whatever else you have showing.
  3. Scroll down to the line that says : Show my email address and CHECK THE BOX.
  4. Hit save.
Now, for those of you who do not want a regular email address to show, go to Gmail, Yahoo or any other number of places and get a FREE, yes FREE, email account and set it up.


WORD VERIFICATION

Ok I hate hate this as well.  I don't know why but my eyes do not do this well at all.  Or I hit save and then close.  Guess what happens?  You don't get my comment and sometimes I don't realize.  So I might have been commenting all along.

Now to turn off this awful thing and to help all of your commenters' eyes, do the following:

1. Go to your Dashboard at blogger dot com.

2. Click on Settings, which is under the name of your blog.
3. Click on Comments, which is on the top of the page.
4. Scroll down until you see this: Show word verification for comments?
5. Click the box that says NO.
6. Click Save settings at the bottom of the page. Please do not leave this page until you have saved settings.

Again you can get this information from Lee's blog here.

I am begging you to fix these things to help me get to know each of you even better in the future.

Ok..as I said before I have the best followers in the blogosphere.  So much so that its award time.  Lots of awards to do.




I received the Lemonade Stand Award from my good friend Sophia's Mom @ The Wannabe Wahm, Andrea @ Arise2Write, and Yonca at Yonca is Cooking.  Thank you so much, Sophia's Mom and Andrea.  I love both of their blogs.  Please go check them out.

The rules for this award are:
- Put the Lemonade logo on your blog or within your post.

- Nominate at least 10 blogs with great attitude or gratitude.
- Link the nominees within your post.
- Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
- Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.

I am pleased to pass on the Lemonade Award to the following 10 (in no particular order) who have given me great attitude and gratitude:

3 Little Monkeys
A Woman's Life Stages
Deal'ightfully Frugal
Domestically Challenged
Finding Trinity
Just Breathe
Mamahood, Among Other Things
Midday Escapades
Two Peas in a Pod
The Balancing Act of One Chic Mommy

Please check them out at your first opportunity.  I love them all.




I received the Heartfelt Blogger Award from Ali @ OneChicMommy.  I love her blog.  I have learned so much from her.  Now I don't know the specific rules to this award so I am going to give it to the blogs that I feel our written from their hearts.


They are all awesome writers.  I read their blogs every single day.



I am a Sugar Doll Award came from my friend, Lynn at Midday Escapades.  I have been reading her blog for some time.  I absolute adore it.  I have even posted my Top 5 Jokes there.  As most of you will remember.  Please stop by and visit her.

Now, my turn to play the game and list 10 random facts about me, per the rules of acceptance of the award:
  1. I am a Taurus
  2. My parents owned an alarm company when I was growing up.
  3. I have 3 brothers and 1 sister.
  4. I don't have a specific type of music that I like.  I love it all country, tap, jazz, blues, opera, etc.
  5. I don't cook very well but I can make a mean pot roast.
  6. I am a night owl.
  7. I have been a brunette, red head, blonde throughout my life.  My hairdresser always has to use two applications of hair coloring because my  hair is so thick.
  8. I love General Hospital since I was about 13 years old.
  9. I wear t-shirts and blue jeans all the time.
  10. I won a typing contest when I was in the 3rd grade.
I'm giving this award to the following people:

A Nut in a Nutshell
A Woman's Life Stages
Arise 2 Write
Bacon is My Lover
Headache, Hormones and Hotflashes
Heart 2 Heart
I'm Living Proof that God Has a Sense of Humor
Just Breathe
Keeping Up With the Schultz
Life of a Tater Tot Mom
Menopausal New Mom
Running Away?? I'll help you pack
Stir-Fry Awesomeness
Vodka Logic
Welcome to Laurieville Population 1




I received the Anysparklies from Daffy @ Batcrap Crazy.  She actually created this one herself.  There were no rules to this at all.  This award comes with no strings...no rules...please take what is yours knowing it was created with gratitude, shame, love, honor and obey til death do us part...
I received the Circle of Friends Award from Andrea at Arise2Write, and Corrie at Just Because My Pickle Talks, and Country Mom.  To accept this award, you have to tell 5 things that you love to do. 
I love to:

  1. I love to write..wait thats obvious lol. 


  2. I love to go boating.


  3. I love to swim.


  4. I love being married to my husband.


  5. I love the mountains over the beach.

I am giving the Anysparklies Award and the Circle of Friends to all of my loyal followers.  Thank you all for following my blog.  I really do love you all.  I hope that you share 5 things that you love to do. 

Please check them all out as well.  I promise you will have a great time.

Photobucket

25 comments:

Helene said...

Those are 2 awesome tips that I learned awhile back! I don't like seeing the no reply e-mail either...it's so much easier when the person includes their e-mail!!

Congratulations on all those awards...wow!!! And thank you for including me in your list of bloggers to pass it on to!

Vodka Logic said...

Thanks for the tips.. I may change my email address to a blog specific one.. not sure yet.

congratulations on the awards and thank you for mine. I so must catch up with the ones I have been awarded..

Lee said...

Love you!! Thanks so much!!

Aunt Juicebox said...

Aww, thanks! I'm going to have to try to figure out how to work my scrolly award thingy so I can add this. Easier said than done, I think. LOL

Mrs. M said...

Wow - good job posting your awards and playing along too. I am not very good at that. Great tips too - although I am starting to think we just need to directly ask those that have no-reply or word verification on to just turn them off!! Happy Friday!

Deidra said...

Congratulations on your many awards! Wow!

Amy said...

Oh you are too sweet. Thanks for all of the kind words and shout outs. I hope you come by today I am having a great giveaway.. Congrats on all of your awards. Thanks for all of the tips too.

Ducky said...

Fab public service announcement for the wv and noreply stuff. It makes me so sad to not be able to reply via email too!!!

Congrats on all your awards. They are deserved!

The (Un)Experienced Mom said...

Congrats on all the awards!

I hear you about emailing people back. I should make sure mine is showing then b/c that frustrates me, too. Just like people's blog link not showing up on their Google Friend profile. Makes it harder to get to them!

Thanks for stopping by!

Tamara
www.theunexperiencedmom.com

yonca said...

Thanks Tami! Congrats on your well deserved awards. HUGS!

Grizzly Bear said...

Congrats on the awards!

OK I totally hate word V, I FKN hate it! LOL..... esp when their page is so slow to load... om goodness annoying!

Heart2Heart said...

Tami,

WOW so much wonderful stuff to read about in this post! I too am going to do those things you mentioned in your post to make commenting easier for my followers.

Congratulations on receiving such well deserved awards. You truly deserve them all. We are a lot alike as well as I too, prefer the mountains over the beach, especially on rainy and snowy days.

Thank you for passing along these to me as well and looking forward to making someone's day by forwarding them on as well. Love being among some great bloggers in your nominations.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your awards!!!!!!!!!! You deserve them and more. Thanks so much for passing along to me as well. I'm in good company with the other recipients.

I love learning more about you with these posts. I also like the tips. I hope everyone reads it.

Andrea said...

Thank you. You are so very kind. I, too enjoy your blog. Blessings and prayers,
andrea

TheFitHousewife said...

Thanks so much for the award...I can feel the bloggy love! Love reading your blog too!

Kimi said...

HUGE congrats on the awards...and AMEN sister on the blog tips. no-reply emails make me want to cry.

Life Laugh Latte said...

Look at those awards...you go girl. I love many of the same blogs you do. Thanks for coming by this week. I'm way behind with all of the holiday stuff added to the mix. Look forward to getting to know you. Holly

Unknown said...

Congrats on all your awards! And I second your call to end the no-reply and word verification!!!

Buckeroomama said...

Congrats on your awards and for passing one along to me. :)

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Thank you sweetie! I love new awards!

I love the tips too, so many times I try to reply and don't look at the nonreply email until it's too late! And those codes drive me nuts ... LOL I know they are helpful to keep spammers out but I have so few of those that I just delete them when they appear :)

Liz Mays said...

If you won a typing contest, that must mean you type really, really fast without mistakes! I'm forever backspacing!

Congrats on all of your awards! Thank you for mine! I so appreciate it! :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

First of all THANK YOU for the awards and congratulations to you.
Wow, I am excited, I never got these awards. I have taken all the information and put in on a post and hopefully I can pass them on sometime soon. Heck, I'm just now reading posts from Thursday!! I am way behind. Thank you so much.

Love the lessons, I am so tired of noreply too, I hope people listen to you.

Have a great weekend.

Corrie Howe said...

What great awards and great blogs to pass them on to. And I'm glad you posted the tips, it slows me down too.

Have a great week!

Amy said...

congrats on your awards.

I don't like word verification either. I don't have my email address on my profile because I prefer comments instead of emails.

Unknown said...

Hi there,

Lee told me to come see you, so here I am! I'm your newest follower. I love this post---is it okay if I link up to it tomorrow? I want people to figure out the no-reply nonsense. Lee's the one who helped me w/ it so long ago!

Anyway, Congrats on all of your bloggy bling and I'm off to check out some of these people you've mentioned!

;-)
Hope you're enjoying your weekend,
Erin @ The Mother Load