Sunday, December 6, 2009

Looking to buy new dictionary




Ok I need a new dictionary.  I am going to throw out my old dictionary.  I'm confused.  Someone needs to write a man dictionary for women.  What do they talk in morse code?  Wait..no I think morse code would be easier to understand.  And maybe just maybe the book should be called Third Brain Dictionary as well. 

Picture this:  my husband is watching his favorite football team, Bengals, on the television.  He's totally into watching the game.  I'm in the kitchen and the kids have just finished lunch.  Well, I tell Faith to go into her room and take a break.  I told Jason, on the other hand, to go take a nap.  Yes I know I treat them different in this case.  But when does a 7 year old take a nap today?  Jason will.  Faith won't.  My husband, who I think is totally into this game, hears me tell them that. 

My thought process was:  kids in their rooms sleeping or playing.  I can get that much needed housework down and get online to write. 

My husband's thought process was:  Oh boy the kids are going to their rooms.  Time to get me some.

Any other time he would have told me to wait for a commercial if I had a question...So WTF is up with this?  The third brain was talking for him?

Am I just odd or do I really need a Third Brain Dictionary?  What funny thing makes you think you need one as well.



Photobucket

10 comments:

Tracie said...

I think it all boils down to priorities. I can't believe that sex ranks higher than football for your husband. You must have a dvr. (LOL)

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Kys. Priorities, priorities.

Vodka Logic said...

I say go for it. For once you took priority over football. I say enjoy.

Thena said...

Go for it. Unless theres a TV in the bedroom. I refuse to have a tv in the bedroom. To me the bedroom is for two things. Sleep and sex, and we all know men can't multi-task. So they sure can't watch tv and concentrate on having sex.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Oh boy some days Rick does the doozies, he kills me with it!

Unknown said...

my advice is to stop trying to figure that one out! he put you above football...that is AWESOME! congratulations, you must be doing something right!

Helene said...

I have to agree with the other ladies...you've already won the battle, considering he put you above the football game!! Unless of course he wanted to have sex with you in front of the tv, while watching the game at the same time. Then he's a pig, just like the rest of the men here on earth...LOL!!

If it's any consolation, I can't even speak plain English around here without my husband thinking it has some sexual meaning. Like if I say "I'm having a hard time reaching the blankets in the closet, can you help me?", he'll say "You said hard...hahaha". It's like he's been reduced to the maturity of a 7th grader.

lacochran said...

Did you say it in a sexy tone? ;)

Corrie Howe said...

If Packers were on, nothing would drive my husband away from the TV. And it's not like I'm in the mood that often. What's up with that?

Frugal Vicki said...

Gosh, I don't even get priority over a nap. Although, I think I am relieved I can write in peace without having to come up with an excuse first.