Friday, August 28, 2009

Menopause

I havent felt like writing much lately. I'm sure there is a sound reason for this. I get these great post idea's but its never at a time where I can sit down and log on to write them. Figure's right? And so I miss out on some great topics to discuss here.

I used to be a girl that remembered everything. I guess menopause is hitting me now. And let me tell you the hot flashes are the worst things. I just don't get it. I'll be perfectly fine one minute and then the next I am blazing hot or cold. I never know which is going to happen. So dressing is near to impossible. I wear layers now even in the summer so that if I get cold I have something to put on. Or if I get hot I have something to take off.

Now because I'm having hot flashes, I am now on hormone treatment. Thats kinda scary. If you look at the reports, they all say if you are on this medicine for 15 years you will get cancer. Will get cancer.. I'm 43 so will I be on it when I'm 58? I will try to find something else to take.

Please let me know if anyone else is going through this.

2 comments:

reener said...

Oh, girl, I feel your pain! But do you really need the HRT? Persevere! I've been in menopause since 36 (I just turned 48) and it gets easier. I'm not on HRT (my best friend was on it and it did help her-and cancer does run in her family-just a side note you might want to know-a thought to consider). My hot flashes felt more like anxiety attacks. Maybe it was both. It sucks. And I won't say there's a positive to it either. Just persevere! That's all I can say. Drink lots of water, eat right, exercise (yeah, sure) and as for the night sweats, keep some water near you by the bed to drink at night, helps cool ya off.

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

I wish I didn't have to take it. I had a full hysterectomy when I was 23 years old. I went through ten years of refusing it. Then for some unknown reason I went into full menopause. Which I thought I should have already when Jason came into the house. Cancer runs in my family big time. One of the reasons why I refused 20 years ago. Now the hot flashes and moods swings make it worth the risk. But I'm still looking.