Saturday, September 26, 2009

101 Things to Do in 1001 Days - Project Zero

I found this project on Simply Me's Blog.  She is participating in the Day Zero Project.  I decided to join her in the process.  According to Day Zero Project, the project is set out as:

The Mission:

Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:

Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days?

Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

Some common goal setting tips:

  1. Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.
  2. Stay Focussed. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.
  3. Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.
  4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.
  5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.
Once you have created your site, you can add it to the master list here at Day Zero.

I am starting today, September 26, 2009 on my list of 101 goals I would like to accomplish within the next 1001 days.  (For me, thats June 23, 2012).  I will be journaling about this at:  Tami's 101 Things to Do In 1001 Days.

I hope you enjoy the journey with me.  Please let me know if you will be planning on doing your own 101 project!  If you don't want to do the journey itself, please just help me by leaving me comments on the way.

Thanks so much,
Photobucket

0 comments: