Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Magical Moments on Tuesday



It's the second Magical Moment on Tuesday for HeartsMakeFamilies! For those of you visiting for the first time, the goal is to talk about one thing during the week that was magical to you. I mean that you were over the top about. It could be a project you completed, something your child did, a grand new idea, something you saw, etc. Something that was so magical that you have to tell us about it. I know. I know. This is why we all have blogs. But sometimes we just write about the negative things because we had a bad week. So if we all write about a Magical Moment then we might uplift another blogger. This is the very reason that I have this blog so that one day my children can see. You do not have to be a mom to do this. To join us, on Tuesday post what your Magical Moment was (add my button from the right side bar or link to me) and then be sure to stop here to link up and meet other moms at HeartsMakeFamilies to see what their Magical Moment was.




I was sitting here trying to figure out what my Magical Moment was this week.  It's been pretty tame week when I realized that my Magical Moment was my awards for the blog.  I was so incredibly honored to receive them.  In case, you don't remember I received the "Dragon's Are Loyal Award" from Amy at Keeping Up with the Schultz Family and the "One Lovely Blog Award" from Tanya at The Grab Bag

You see, only last week I was fighting with my husband about this blog.  He thought that I was putting too much time into it.  And down deep I never believed that I was any good at writing.  Although I can say that I always wanted to write a book.  I've been journaling since I was 13 or 14.  I have poems that I am digging out to share with you.  You might not like them. 

I guess the fact that this blog is almost three months old is still amazing to me.  It will be on Thursday, October 1st.  I try so hard to be positive all the time.  There isn't much that I'm not happy about in my life.  I have two wonderful kids.  I have the most wonderful husband in the world that truly does support anything I do.  I have so many wonderful people in my life.  I have material things.  Some I would rather not.  Some I'm glad of.

But this blog has been a special project for me.  Originally I was doing it simply for my kids.  So that they would have something to look back on and be able to understand that I am simply a woman trying to do the best that I can.  I want them to see who I was now.  You see, I think about the fact that I am an older mom.  I'm 44 years old now.  But when they graduate, I'll be in my 60's.  So what about when they have kids?  My mom is already going senile.  I think.  She is 66 now.  Will that happen to me?  I want to be here when they have kids and get married.  But if I'm not, I want a journal of some kind that tells my story for my grandkids as well.

Then it changed, suddenly I wanted to tell my story to everyone.  I wanted to help another person who was going through what I have.  I wanted to show someone who was going through a bad time that it could be worse.  Ok that doesn't sound right at all.  But see I believe no matter how bad it is for you that to someone else your life is better than theirs.  I, also, believe that God doesn't give you more than you can handle.  Now I have questioned that fact often.
I digest. But with this blog, I can’t believe that I have followers who like to read my stuff. It’s absolutely amazing to me. Yes, I am overly critical of what I write. But aren’t, we all? So receiving the awards and the comments from you all validated what I was doing.  It confirmed in my mind that I was doing some good.

The other day I saw something on Thetamom's blog that I totally agree with.  Sorry, Heather, I forgot to put this in here.  I am using a lot of her wording but I truly feel it in my heart as well that it is correct.

"I want to express a sincere thank you to my dear followers and readers that comment on my blog. Without you, this blog would be nothing. To all of my readers who comment, thank you! You know I give the comment love right back. Or I try to. Somebody please add hours to my day.

To my new followers, welcome to HeartsMakeFamilies! I am so glad you’re here!

And to those of you who read but don’t comment or follow, I can’t share in your blog because I don’t know you are here. Building a community is real simple to me: You follow, I follow. You comment, I comment. It's really that simple."




For the first time, I can honestly say that I think my little adventure into blogosphere might be working out. I think I found my place amongst you. I thank you all for letting me know that I belong here with you.

Now it is your turn. Please post about what your Magical Moment was (add my button from the right side bar or link to me) and then be sure to stop here to link up and meet other moms at HeartsMakeFamilies to see what their Magical Moment was.

If you enjoyed this one, please check out the other Magical Moments I posted:

September 22, 2009 - My niece's birthday
September 18, 2009 - When I first announced Magical Moments on Tuesday


Photobucket

I hope you all link up and meet here with your stories.  I can't wait to hear your stories.

17 comments:

Tracie said...

I stopped over from Lee's blog. My husband thinks I spend too much time on this, too. (And I really do. Like 90% of my waking hours.)

I also think there is always going to be someone who has it worse better. Just like you are never the thinnest person at the beach but not the fattest either.

Have a great day!

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

Hi kyslp. Its so nice to meet you. Lee's blog is amazing. I'm glad you stopped over. Well he's right I do spend a lot of time on here. But its a passion now.

Have a great day.

Diane said...

visiting from amy's. great blog and i like your magical moments idea!

Thena said...

I gave my Mom a journal jar this past Christmas. And she took the questions, and wrote the answers in a book for me. Now I've convinced her to do it for all of her kids. Our only regrets is that we didn't think to do the same while her Mom was living. She was born in 1913, can you imagine the memories she could have told us?

Amy said...

Hey Tami,

I got mine up. Great post. My blog is almost a year old. I started it late last Oct. I love. At first my husband did not understand but now he is on board. I love to blog because I get to meet great people. Have a great day.

Lee said...

Hee Hee thanks for above guys!! Okay...my hubby is saying I am obsessed with blogging. TOO BAD SO SAD! Yes, that is my maturity level. I am an older mom too! 42! Your life sounds very much like mine...but I'm on marriage number 3 and yada yada yada!!

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

@Diane - Its nice to meet you. Thanks so much for coming by. I hope you come often.

@Thena - THats a great idea. I would hate to lose all the family traditions and memories that I have for my family.

@Amy - I'm so glad that you joined me for the Magical Moments. Wow I can't even imagine blogging for a year. 3 months is still so amazing to me. I love blogging too. It would be hard to give up. Have a great day!

@Lee the Hot Flash Queen - ME tooo. I am obsessed. I admit it! Puts hand up.. Yes that is me. Oh that explains why we get along. When is your birthday? Your life does sound a lot like mine. But marriage two is it for me. I picked one young enough that he can hopefully outlive me. Ken is 10 years younger. LOL I'm a cradle robber. Have a great day!

One with many names said...

Very nice post :) Congratulations on the awards, of course... Sounds like you are entering the realm of Blogaddiction :)

Never fear, there are plenty of other addicts to keep you going!

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

@Chef Eureka - thanks so much for the compliment and the congratulations. I definitely am addicted to blogging. I think you join me in that as well don't you?

Theta Mom said...

Mmmm, those last few paragraphs were written on my blog a few days ago. I've never been one to complain Tami, but this really bothered me. If you write something word for word and replace it to "fit" your blog, then credit should be given to the person who originally wrote it, which in this case, would be me. I'm really surprised to know that you would do this, knowing I read your blog. I just commented on another blog who was inspired by one of my ideas (she didn't copy my words) but on the IDEA alone, she referenced to me. I pasted that link here for you to see. It's just the right thing to do Tami.
http://www.butsuchislife.com/2009/09/gratitude-attitude.html

Helene said...

Oooooh, sorry I missed this today! I had a magical moment on Sunday that I would've loved to have shared. If you don't mind, maybe I'll do that tomorrow on my blog (I'll still use your button, of course)...if it's okay.

I think you write beautifully. You express your thoughts so eloquently and I love that you try to keep a positive spin on things. I kept a journal from the very beginning of our trying to conceive journey and I'm so glad I did because I'll be able to share it with my children someday. Also, my blog is something I hope to share with them someday too. Like you, I'm an older mom (just turned 40 in April) and I worry about the fact that I may not be around when they have children or when their children have children. I know that's probably silly but I figure if my big twins don't get married until their 30's, I'll already be 65 years old! So I want them to have something to reflect back on...

I'm so glad I found your blog! I'm really enjoying it!

Frugal Vicki said...

I think you write beautifully. I kind of just lost myself in your post! I loved it!

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

@Theta Mom - I am so sorry I sent you two emails and also publicly apologize. It truly was a bad mistake on my part. I planned on mentioning that I saw the community party from your blog. I didn't find out til I got back late today and adjust the post right off. I thought the wording was to perfect to change but I planned on mentioning that it came from your blog. I know you read my blog just as you know I read your blog. I did not do this deliberately. I am so sorry. Please accept my apology.

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

@Helene - I think you can still link to the story if you would like. I would love to know what your magical moment was. And yes please use my button.

I'm so glad that you kept a journal. I think its so important that your kids know what you went through to get them. That they knew who you were.

I too want them to have something to reflect back on. To maybe be able to hear my words as well. I'm considering writing letters for their wedding day and so on just in case.

@Vicki - Thank you so much. If you are talking about the community part that came from Heather at Thetamom's - www.thetamom.com

Lynette said...

I always appreciate the reminder to reflect on the week and to revisit a magical moment - thanks for encouraging that!
My magical moment this week was when I was sitting next to my 15 year old high school daughter at the dinner table. She was talking about how her schoolwork is hard, and she said, "But I don't mind one bit because me classes are all so interesting, with such interesting discussions in all of them!" It was magical for me to hear that from her!

Shell said...

What a wonderful idea! I will have to participate next time!

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

@Lynette - Awww that would be a magical moment. I love hearing my daughter say she loves to go to school. Its so amazing. I'm glad you had that moment.

@Shell - Thanks. I look forward to hearing your story next week.

Welcome and Hi to both of you.