Thursday, September 17, 2009

How do you like the blog's new look?

I think most of you have seen by now that the blog has undergone a redesign.  I still plan on talking about the craziness that we go through in my family.  I, also, want to talk about my past experiences as a widow, going through infertility, and adoption.  In the last month, new things have come to the surface that I would like to include.  If I see great freebies, coupons, contests or deals, I will bring them to you.  I will voice my opinion about different products that I have tried.  Mind you, they are my opinions and no one else's so take them with a grain of salt.  I might think differently than you.  If you would like to debate something with me, please I welcome it.  I know there are other opinions then just my own.

You will notice that there are new tags up above that link to new things. 
  • Archive - goes to a list of posts that I have posted.
  • About Me - That is information about my family
  • Blogroll - will be a list of blogs that I like to read.  This is still to come.
  • Home - brings you back to the main page
Other things that I will be incorporating are:
  • Wordless Wednesday:  Where you put pictures that speak for you out there.  I'm not sure who started this process.  If someone knows, please let me know.
  • Time Out for Theta Moms - Where you talk about the hour during the week that you are supposed to take just for yourself.
  • A new theme that I will roll out tomorrow
Please be patient with me as I am still new at blogging.  I still don't understand tags at all.  I understand how to put a link in my post.  I don't understand how to get inbound links to my page though.  I think I'm in a world of codes sometimes.  I am a very non-technical blogger.

I would like to send thanks to Susan from Blog Designs by Susan.  Susan was very professional and a pleasure to work with as she developed the new design for the blog.  I know that I chose some things that she would have chosen different.  She was quick to get it done.  The personal attention that she gave my blog will always be appreciated.  I came up with things that I would like to see happen in the future and she was willing to help me there as well.  Please check her out at Blog Designs by Susan.   Thank you, Susan, for all your hard work.  It is greatly appreciated.

My readers, what I would like to ask you is there anything that you would like me to incorporate into the blog?  Do you like the jokes and quotes that I put in it?  As you all know, I have worked for the last seven years from home.  Would you like to know information that I learned as a recruiter and trainer?  Would it help to know what companies look at?  Please let me know what you like and don't like in the comments.  Thanks so much for your help.  As always I am trying to improve this blog for you.


Photobucket

7 comments:

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

5minutesformom.com is the main hub for Wordless Wednesday. Blog looks great!

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

Melissa, thank you so much for letting me know. I want to be able to give credit where it is due.

Flory said...

I was wondering about Wordless Wednesday - good to know.

I think your blog is great! Having a little of everything works for me. There is more to a woman than just being a mom, and having a peek at those other parts, makes a more round appearance. Hope that makes sense. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the follow.

Andrea said...

I am new to your site and hadn't seen your previous design, but this one is really cool! :)

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

Flory, Thank you so much. Yes I definitely understand having a look at everything is a great thing. I like to see not just the mom side but the rest of a person too. Thanks for stopping by the blog. I hope to talk with you more in the future. Tami

Andrea, Welcome to my blog. Thanks I think Susan did a great job. I'm glad you like it. Thanks so much for stopping in. I hope to see you lots more. Tami

TheAtticGirl said...

Hi there, following you from MBC. Have a great weekend.

http://www.atticgirl.blogspot.com

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

Hi Shelly, thanks for stopping by. Nice to meet you. Have a great weekend. Tami