Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Blogging With Integrity

As you can I display a Blog with Integrity Badge on the side of my blog.  By doing so, I am saying:

  • The trust of my readers and the blogging community is important to me.
  • I treat others respectfully, attacking ideas and not people.  I aso welcome respectful disagreement with my own ideas.
  • I beleve in intellectual property rights, providing links, citing sources, and crediting inspiration where appropriate.
  • I disclose my material relationships, policies, and business practices.  My reades will know the difference between editorial, advertorial, and advertising, should I chose to have it.  If I do sponsored or paid posts, they are clearly marked.
  • When collaborating with marketers and PR professionals, I handle myself professionally and abide by basic jounalistic standards.
  • I always presentmy honest opinions to the best of my ability.
  • I own my words.  Even if I occasionally have to eat them.
This information about the pledge came from:  http://www.blogwithintegrity.com/

In general terms, I will always inform you, the reader, of where information comes from.  If it is not written then it comes from my mind.  I will always tell you if I am being paid for something which I review.  I have not up to this date been paid a dime for this blog.  If I know where a picture comes from, I will disclose that as well.  I will always be honest to the best of my ability.

0 comments: