Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Magical Moment on Tuesday

I’m so excited to it's the official first Magical Moment on Tuesday for HeartsMakeFamilies! For those of you visiting for the first time, the goal is to talk about one thing during the week that was magical to you.  I mean that you were over the top about. It could be a project you completed, something your child did, a grand new idea, something you saw, etc. Something that was so magical that you have to tell us about it. I know. I know. This is why we all have blogs. But sometimes we just write about the negative things because we had a bad week. So if we all write about a Magical Moment then we might uplift another blogger. This is the very reason that I have this blog so that one day my children can see.  You do not have to be a mom to do this.  To join us, on Tuesday post what your Magical Moment was (add my button from the right side bar or link to me) and then be sure to stop here to link up and meet other moms at HeartsMakeFamilies to see what their Magical Moment was. 

My Magical Moment was so simple this week.  We were at my niece's 8th birthday party.  My husband reached up and held my newest niece, Gabrielle, for the first time.  He's terrified of little babies.  It is the old big man versus little baby.  Little baby always wins.
As you can see, his smile lit up half his face.  This moment was a magical moment to me but it was also bittersweet.  Now the reason that this was magical to me is that I had a flashback to the day that we brought Faith home.  Nothing ever could compete with the feeling of happiness when we had our daughter in our own house for the first time.  Nothing.

This picture is back in 2002 when Faith was 3 days old.  Next to us stands her older sister, Kerry.  Neither of us could have known at that moment just how alike they would look as they grew up.  This picture was taken at my sister's house before she moved to Florida.  We were there sharing the joy of the newest addition to our family.


I mentioned in the past that I found out about Jason being in foster care on his biological aunt's Myspace.  That was back in November 2007.  We went through 12 weeks of parenting classes to first get to see him.  I do mean to just see him.  We had FBI, criminal and background checks down.  Believe me I thought they could see up inside me by the end.  We finally got to meet Jason on Wednesday, April 2nd at McDonalds.  We were scheduled to meet the caseworker from Ohio as well as the foster mom for our first meeting.  Jason was very shy and only would smile at the foster mom.  He wanted absolutely nothing to do with me.  The meeting was three days before his third birthday.  I remember because the foster mom told me about the party they were going to have.  I wanted to be there so badly.

So it was a Magical Moment to me because it reminded me of the birth of both of my children.  It reminded me of when we were finally a family.  My dreams and prayers were finally answered.



My babies, Faith and Jason on July 19, 2008.  The first visit without a state chaperone.

Now it is your turn.  Please post about what your Magical Moment was (add my button from the right side bar or link to me) and then be sure to stop here to link up and meet other moms at HeartsMakeFamilies to see what their Magical Moment was.



Photobucket

9 comments:

mudmama said...

How sweet! And what an important reminder to focus on the positive!
My moment this week ... hmmm... my little guy telling me he loves me "more than a rainbow" he has done it before, but it gets me everytime :)
Following you from MBC
www.ajourneytotheson.blogspot.com

Amy said...

This is a great post. I may have to do this at nap time. Have a great day.

One with many names said...

Hi, saw you on MBC and thought I'd hop over and follow you :)

Judy Joyce said...

My magical moment was finding out that the procedures are continuing for my husband to adopt my six year old. What a blessing to have this new chapter of our lives open up with us being a one named family.

Following you from MBC too :)

Tami said...

@mudmama - Awww that is so sweet when they say something like that. It warms you from the inside out.

@Amy - I hope you do. Its a great thing to share with others. I've been amazed at how uplifting it is making me feel.

@Chef Eureka - Thanks so much. I'm going to hop over and check out your blog too.

@YouthfulTips - I have to say that adopted my daughter from my husband was one of the most exciting things that I have ever done. Please let me know if you need anything.

Theta Mom said...

Didn't know you were doing this. Looks like a fun meme! After long days, it's important to remember the "good" things, isn't it?

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

@Theta Mom - yes especially at the end of the day. Your post was perfect for the theme. I had to remark on it. Everyone, please check it out at www.thetamom.com. Tami

Lynette said...

What a beautiful family you have! Your blog reflects in such a touching way how thankful you are to be all together - and a good reminder for all of us to be grateful and not take things like family and our kids for granted - even when some days can be tough.

Bluesy-Nista said...

I am so happy for you and your beautiful family and I am happy to be following your uplifting blog.