Saturday, October 24, 2009

Attitude Adjustment




Most of the time I try to write about good things.  I try to be good.  I try to be perfect.  Well....

I'm not perfect.  I don't want to do the laundry today.  I'm so sorry that the kids' socks are in the living room on the floor.  Big fat deal!  I want you to accept that if I don't pick up those socks.  Life will go on.  Nobody will die.  Nobody will fall down on the job.  The world will not stop moving because of two socks on the floor.

Don't tell me that the socks won't grow feet and move on their own.  Don't tell me that we have company coming over and it needs to be done on YOUR time.  I'm telling you that I will pick up the sock when its MY time..NOT yours.

Getting off my chair now... this is my Attitude Adjustment.



Photobucket

4 comments:

Lee said...

Love this post!!

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

@Lee the Hot Flash Queen - I knew that you would. It felt good writing it.

Tracie said...

Good for you! Sounds a little like me.

Frugal Vicki said...

Uhhhhh....We are supposed to pick those socks up THE SAME DAY? You mean we aren't supposed to fold half of the laundry and then when it is time to go to bed, just throw it back in the basket like it was never folded in the first place? Hmm, well now that is interesting!