Monday, October 19, 2009

Simplify Your Life

Every day seems to go faster than the one before.  Today made me start thinking about the fact that as we get older are families grow farther apart.  It couldn't have been more noticeable than today at church.  We got there, we dropped Jason off to the preschool session.  We were waiting in the pews when they said that the Youth Christianity was beginning so than Faith left us.  We continue through church, my husband and myself.  I couldn't help but wonder if this is what it will be like later on.  Preschool starts at 3 years old.  Do we really beginning to separate as a family that early?  I remember going to church and being separated off to Sunday school as well.

One of the things that I learned while I was on vacation was to simplify your life.  Enjoy those moments with your kids and don't take them for granted.  They go away to quickly.  I love my kids with all my heart and they are growing bigger every day.  Take the time to smell the flowers with the kids.  To draw with them.  To even color with them.  One it makes you calmer.

Hope you enjoy the goofy picture.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Lee said...

That is a darling pic!!

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

@Lee - Thanks so much. I love this picture

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It's a great picture. I know too well how quickly they grow up and leave the nest. Enjoy them to the fullest.

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

Great post and welcome home!

Flory said...

Amen to that! I work at an office, so when the weekend comes, I rather spend time with the kids, then worry about what needs to get cleaned. I do the silliest things with them and they love it.

You're smart to enjoy yours. :)

Liz Mays said...

I love the silliness of the kids!

People tell you how fast it goes, but it breaks my heart to see it really happening. Those little moments will be remembered!

Tracie said...

Cute picture! I try to simplify as much as possible. Try to anyway.

Helene said...

Love the silly picture! I wish I knew how to simplify my life!!