Thursday, October 8, 2009

We are in Perry Georgia

So our journey started at yesterday from Faith's School at 3:00 p.m.  We drove and drove and drove.  I wasn't sure the car was ever going to stop.  We made it until 12:15 a.m.  I decided enough was enough.  We stopped here in Perry, Georgia. 

Perry, Georgia was named after Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry for his triumph at Lake Erie in the War of 1812.  Originally called "Wattsville", Perry is now known for to many as the "Crossroads of Georgia" because of its location at the intersection of Highway US341, US 41, GA 127 and I-75. 

I also found out that the Georgia National Fair is from October 8 (today) until October 18.  Its been going on for 20 years.  Oh well our trip continues on to Northport Florida.  That is only 6 hours 31 minutes away.  Talk with you all soon.



Photobucket

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Travel safely! Road trips can be so long. I don't envy your drive. Have fun at your destination.

The dB family said...

Wow, you're making great time. Safe travels and have a blessed few days with your family!

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

Have a safe trip!!!!!!!!! Hope it goes quickly!

Lee said...

Have a wonderful wonderful time and drive carefully!!

Heart2Heart said...

Tami,

Praying for continued safe travels for you and your family. Enjoy the sights and sounds along the way.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Nothing like taking a trip to visit family.
Have a wonderful time.

Amy said...

Sounds like you are having a great trip.

Frugal Vicki said...

Have fun and travel safely!!

Sarah said...

Love your blog! You can find me at www.joyfullygray.com ... I am now following you <3

One with many names said...

I don't know if I've ever really been in Georgia. What an exciting adventure :)

Drivevery safe and have FUN!

Stephanie Faris said...

I'm green with envy! Vacation long overdue here...and my boyfriend just started a new job in July so I don't think we'll get one until next year sometime.

yonca said...

Have fun!!!