Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Safety Procedures



It's here tomorrow night my skeleton and Phat Cat are ready to go trick or treating.  Since I started out the season with a warning.  I figured that I would write about precautions to take for trick or treating.
  1. Have the kids pair off into group.  If you can, one parent stay with each child.
  2. Take a flashlight with you and wear reflective coats.  Remember it does get dark. 
  3. If you can, put glow necklaces on the kid.  Faith is tickled pink with her light its pink.
  4. Tell the kids not to approach any strange vehicles and if someone gets out to come to you at once.
  5. Remind the kids they are not allowed to eat the candy until you get home.  I always take a drink for each child and a treat.  Trick or treating is hungry work.  This gives you more chance to be able to check the candy out.
  6. Only go up to the houses with their porch lights on.. Well lit houses are the best.
  7. If its cold, dress warmly.  But they will get hot since they most likely will be moving fast for more candy.
  8. Take a cell phone with you.



Have a great night trick or treating.  The pictures are from the haunted house at school this week.  Hopefully they look good tomorrow night too.

Photobucket

10 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Being the, um, wimp that I am, we only go to people we personally know. My mom gives the boys enough candy for 34 houses, so there is no need to go all over!

Amy said...

Happy Halloween...
Thanks for the tips...

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Great tips. I always put my lights on so the kids know we are joining in the fun.

Frugal Vicki said...

Thank you for the reminder! Very important! I still have teeny tiny ones, and it is still cold here, so I am sure we will be home early, but there are still safety tips for that!!

Clueless_Mama said...

Thanks so much for the tips! I know it can be a dangerous night. The kiddos are looking precious...oh and scary of course!

Menopausal New Mom said...

Hi Tami, thanks for posting the safety tips for everyone. It's easy to forget with all the chaos of getting the kiddies ready. BTW, Cute outfits!

Have a Safe and Happy Halloween!

Tracie said...

They look so cute! Have a good time tonight! (It's raining here. I think we're going anyway.)

Happy Halloween!

Liz Mays said...

You know, I never thought to bring something to drink and a snack. That makes good sense!

Have fun tonight!

yonca said...

OMG! How cute they are! Thanks for the tips!

Amy said...

Great costumes and tips.