Friday, October 30, 2009

Easy Layered Taco Bake

So holiday parties are upon on us, I started thinking about the easiest thing I make to take to them.  You know you never want to go empty handed.  I don't have to look at a recipe anymore.  I didn't think you want to hear a pinch of this or a pinch of that.  With that in mind, I went to Kraft to get the directions.  This recipe is so good that even the helpless chefs like me can do it.  The other nice thing about this one is that my kids will eat it simply because it has macaroni and cheese in it.  The recipe is called Easy Layered Taco Bake.




Ingredients:

1 pkg. (7-1/4 oz.) KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. (1.25 oz.) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix
1 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Mild Salsa

Directions on how to make it:
  1. Heat oven to 400ºF.
  2. Prepare macaroni and cheese dinner as directed on package.
  3. Cook meat with taco seasoning.
  4. Layer seasoned meat, dinner and salsa in 8-inch square baking dish.
  5. Bake 20 minutes.
And its finished.

Now I do recommend that you cover the dish with aluminum foil while it is baking.  I, also, use that same foil to take it with me.


Photobucket

10 comments:

yonca said...

Mmmm..yummy! This recipe is great for Sunday :) Thanks for sharing!

eight helping hands said...

Yummy! Mac & Cheese and Tacos my two favorite foods mixed together! You can't go wrong with that! Thanks for the idea and recipe!

Amy said...

Yeah that looks so yummy..... Plus it is easy...

Have a great weekend and fun Halloween.

Lee said...

Even I can make that one!!

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

This looks great! Thanks for the recipe!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds really good, thank you for sharing it!

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

Even I can make this one so I had to share it.

Heart2Heart said...

Tami,

This does sound super simple and I happen to have these ingredients in my home today so guess what we will be having?

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Kristie said...

That sounds so easy and yummy-great to do with 2 little ones running around! :-)

Liz Mays said...

Right up my alley, that is!