Friday, October 2, 2009

Good Hair - What is it worth to you?

This week I happened to watch an Oprah show.  I'm telling you that I was totally shocked.  How much is good hair worth to you?  Well I was kind of watching and kind of not until I heard that a weave cost $1,000 and you could get a layaway plan with that.  Did you know that the chief capital of the world for weaves is Los Angeles?

I just never saw the purpose of doing all that much to your hair.  Ok yes I have been considering coloring it since the gray is coming in.  (Frowns)  I don't want grey hair.  Ok It's actually white.  I will be a platinum blonde some day.  It runs in the family.

It's just that I can see better ways to spend my money.  Let's think about what a thousand dollars could do for me right now.  Ok that's my house payment.  Hair vs House..  Ok the house wins.

This is just my thoughts.  I don't mean to offend anyone.


Photobucket

9 comments:

Amy said...

I think it just depends on how much you want to spend on your own hair.

Tracie said...

I don't think I would ever spend that much on my hair either. But I don't have African American hair and from what I understand that is completely different from Caucasian hair to care for and style. (I always measure the cost of things that way, too. House payment, car payment, etc. Too practical I guess.)

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

Ok I have spent some on my hair through the years with colorings, hair cuts, etc. But never this much.

I just got a call from my sister. My sister-in-law spent over $1000 for her hair extensions.

I guess I'm too poor to think of spending that much.

Dakermom said...

Yowza!!
Exactly, I don't have the privelidge of deciding what to do with that amount of money, as Fun!! What's that like?? :)

Wendi said...

I tend to side with the house payment as well. ;) While I have had exactly one manicure and one pedicure in my 32 years (don't tell!!), I LOVED them, but just can't seem to bring myself to spend the money. Ummm - a pedicure is the same price as a box of diapers??? NEED the diapers for the little one. . . hmmmm. . . maybe someday my priorties will change. LOL

For my hair, I have curly hair, and when I got it highlighted during a mystery shop (didn't have to pay for it myself), it got really dry and brittle, so I did learn the importance of quality products, but I still limit how much I spend on them. I'm perfectly happy to by my hair products at the local store instead of the higher priced salon.

:) Fun post ~ Wendi

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

@DakerMom - I don't know what its like but I sure would like to.

@Wendi B - Ohhh manicures and pedicures.. I love those. But diapers would come first.

My hair is straight as a board. I tried a perm once. It burnt my hair. So never again.

tina reynolds said...

I would have to have everything else paid and a nice full piggy bank to justify spending that much, and then I would be looking for a better deal!

Lucy postpartumillness.com said...

No offense taken, I wouldnt spend that much money on my hair either. If I was rich then probably but not in my situation.

Lucy

LZ @ My Messy Paradise said...

I need to color my hair or I feel so ugly. Too young to be gray! I can understand spending good money to be happy with your appearance, but yes, it would stop if I wasn't paying my bills.